Controls Cable Assemblies (also known as Push-Pull Assemblies and Pull Assemblies) are used in numerous applications requiring the transmission of force. These assemblies are especially useful when the force needs to be routed around bends in varying directions. We have built controls assembles for the Aircraft, Lawn and garden, Exercise equipment, Medical, Automotive, and Office equipment industries.
Some typical applications for Control Cable Assemblies:
There are two types of Control Cable Assemblies:
Push-Pull Assemblies are used when the transmission of force is required in both directions of the assembly travel. A choke cable assembly on a lawn mower engine is a good example of a push-pull assembly.
Pull Assemblies are used when the transmission of force is needed in only one direction. Think of the hood release on a car, that is a great example of a pull assembly.
Conduit Bowden Options
Conduit End Fitting Examples
When thinking about wire rope push-pull controls, there are a number of options to consider:
- Cable Material: galvanized steel or stainless steel
- Cable Construction: typically these assemblies are made of 7 x 19 (most flexible), 7 x 7, or 1 x 19 (least flexible) cables
- Cable Coating: No coating, Nylon, Vinyl (PVC), or Pebax; black, white, and clear coatings are the most popular, but just about any color can be chosen
- Length: there really is no minimum or maximum length, just let us know for your application
- Ends Fittings or Terminals: we have a large selection of end fittings, including balls, ball shanks, sleeves, stamped eyes, stops, thimbles, handles/knobs, stops, strap forks, strap eyes, and threaded studs. Others fittings are available as well.
- Hardware: if your application includes hardware, let us know what type. We can add almost any type you need.