Mechanical wire rope cable assemblies are used in many different industries in any number of ways. Generally, cable assemblies have an end fitting at each terminal, which connects the cable to an object. Typical applications include:
Each use for a custom wire rope cable assembly has its own unique purpose. We can assist you in designing a cable assembly to fit your specific needs. First take a look at our Cable Assembly Design Considerations. Then give us a call. Tyler Madison, Inc. specializes in cable size from 3/64" - 3/8" in diameter and 270 lbs. - 14,400 lbs. in breaking strength. We will put our years of experience to work in helping you design and produce exactly what you need. We have manufactured quality custom cable assemblies for leading companies in the following industries:
When thinking about wire rope cable lanyards, there are a number of options to consider:
- Cable Material: galvanized steel or stainless steel
- Cable Construction: typically these assemblies are made of 7 x 19 (most flexible), 7 x 7, or 1 x 19 (least flexible) cables
- Cable Coating: No coating, Nylon, Vinyl (PVC), or Pebax; black, white, and clear coatings are the most popular, but just about any color can be chosen
- Length: there really is no minimum or maximum length, just let us know for your application
- Ends Fittings or Terminals: we have a large selection of end fittings, including balls, ball shanks, sleeves, stamped eyes, stops, thimbles, handles/knobs, stops, strap forks, strap eyes, and threaded studs. Others fittings are available as well.
- Hardware: if your application includes hardware, let us know what type. We can add almost any type you need.
For more information on specific types of custom wire rope cable assemblies, take a look at these pages:
How Wire Rope is Made
Generally speaking, wire rope is used in industrial applications where it is required to have a very high level of tensile strength for functional purposes. Often a wire rope that is frayed or weak could lead to unsafe working conditions, so it is important that it is made to be durable.
To manufacture wire rope, thin strands of metal are cut from a sheet. This metal is usually steel because it is strong and relatively light, but other metals can be used. The thin strands of metal are then tightly woven together in a helix pattern using a machine to form a strong rope. Sometimes these strands are wrapped around a larger center stand, and other times they are simple woven into each other. A stranded wire rope with a center is typically more resistant to abrasion and is therefore used for more heavy duty applications.
Quality Cable Assemblies
Tyler Madison is an industry leading manufacturer of wire rope cable assemblies. Our knowledge and experience give us the capability to manufacture standard and custom wire rope products for a variety of industrial clients. With in-house engineering and design services, you can get the exact kinds of products that you are looking for from one place at an affordable price. Call us today to find out what we can do for you!