The following links contain some basic guidelines to follow when designing a new assembly. We recommend for engineers to take a look at tolerances and measuring points before putting together a print.
However, the best steel cable design guides are only a phone call away. Feel free to call our office at 1-888-638-3604 with any wire rope questions you may have. Please gather as much of the following information as possible before calling to design a cable:
- What amount of force will be applied to your assembly?
- What end fittings might work for your application?
- Is the wire rope naked or coated in pvc, nylon or a special polymer? Do you need a specific color?
- What should the cables length be?
- How tight are the length tolerances for your assembly?
- What do you want the cable construction to be? If it is a control cable what is the bend radius?
- What quantity are you looking for?