Control Cable Assemblies (also known as Push-Pull Assemblies and Pull Assemblies) are used in numerous applications requiring the transmission of force. These assemblies are flexible enough to transmit forces in multiple directions through machinery. We have built push pull control cables for the aircraft, lawn and garden, exercise equipment, medical, office equipment and automotive industries. Please see our Push-Pull Cable Design guide for additional information or give us a call at 888-638-2604.
Some typical applications for custom push pull cables:
There are two types of Control Cable Assemblies:
Push-Pull Assemblies are used when the transmission of force is required in both directions of the assembly travel. A choke on a lawn mower engine is a good example of this.
Pull Assemblies are used when the transmission of force is needed in only one direction. Think of the hood release on your car.
Conduit End Fitting Examples
When thinking about the inner wire to use in your push pull control, there are a number of options to consider:
- Cable Material: galvanized steel or stainless steel
- Cable Construction: typically these assemblies are made of 7 x 19 (most flexible), 7 x 7, or 1 x 19 (least flexible) cables
- Conduit: Most often our customers will opt for uncoated cable as it will create the least amount of friction inside the conduit, and will extend the life of the control.
- Length: there really isn’t a minimum or maximum length, just let us know your application
- Ends Fittings or Terminals: we have a large selection of end fittings, including balls, ball shanks, sleeves, stamped eyes, stops, thimbles, handles/knobs, strap forks, strap eyes, and threaded studs. Others options are available as well.
Push pull controls are important components in many different industries. Automotive, aerospace, heavy equipment and more all used variations of push pull control assemblies to adjust mechanisms and activate certain parts during operation. Quality cable assemblies make all of the difference in the lifetime performance of these parts.
Maybe you’re looking for more than push pull controls. If so, you’ve come to the right place! At Tyler Madison, we also manufacture things like wire rope lanyards, wire rope assemblies, conduits, terminals and other related hardware. No matter that type of mechanical product that you are building or fixing, it’s likely that you can find all of the cable and wire rope you need at Tyler Madison. Our advanced machining techniques and skilled team even make us capable of manufacturing complex custom parts for you.
About Tyler Madison
Tyler Madison is a full-service, industry leading manufacturer of custom and stock wire ropes, cable assemblies and accessories. Our affordable products and advanced manufacturing abilities make us an excellent choice for all of your wire rope and cable needs. We offer design and engineering, and we can even creating functional prototypes before starting production. Whether you need a customized solution or a product from our inventory, we’re ready to help you!